AARP-The magazine just ran a story about ingredients that help fight pain. I created recipes for each of the ingredients. And would like to share one with you here –
According to the AARP story, “A recent Thai study found that the spice common in many Indian foods fights the pain of rheumatoid arthritis as effectively as ibuprofen.”
Cauliflower Sautéed With Turmeric and Rosemary
by Monica Bhide developed for AARP-The magazine and AARP.ORG
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 small head cauliflower, broken into florets
1 teaspoon turmeric
Leaves from 1 sprig rosemary
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup golden raisins
1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
1 teaspoon smoked Spanish paprika
1. Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the cauliflower, turmeric and rosemary and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower is brown and caramelized, about 8 minutes.
3. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Stir in the raisins and pine nuts and cook about 1 minute more, until everything is heated through.
5. Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with paprika.
Gorgeous photo of cauliflower taken by the terrific Sala Kannan