Saveur magazine picked up this recipe as one of the BEST OF THE WEB!!! Click here to read what they had to say – http://www.saveur.com/article/recipes/Tamarind-Glazed-Honey-Shrimp
Another favorite and SUPER simple dish from Modern Spice and photo courtsey Tina Rupp —
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons prepared tamarind-date chutney
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. In a large bowl, combine the lemon juice, chutney, honey, ginger, chili flakes (if using), coriander, and salt. Mix well. Add the shrimp and toss well to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
2. About 10 minutes before serving time, heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Just before the oil starts smoking, add the shrimp and marinade to the pan.
3. Sauté for 1 to 2 minutes or until the shrimp are pink and no longer translucent. Transfer to a serving bowl and pour any liquid from the pan over the shrimp. Serve warm.