Come join me!
NEW EVENTS ADDED
1. Sept 17-21 — Coach in residence at AFJ conference in Utah.
2. October 9th at 7:00 pm – Signing copies of Modern Spice and cooking up samples in Arlington
3. October 26th (NOW ON DEC 7TH) – Teaching a full day seminar on Food Writing at the Smithsonian in DC — sign up!! Here is the deal on this one –The promo code below -199848—has been created for “friends of Monica Bhide” for the upcoming Food Writing seminar. Use it to register for the program in-person or online (online you will be prompted to entire it) and it will entitle you to The Smithsonian Associate member rate of $90.00 (as opposed to the $130.00 ticket price for general admission).
4. Nov 2nd at the Metropolitan Cooking show! I will be signing copies of Modern Spice and talking about writing cookbooks! At 11:00 am, I will be discussing cookbooks – how to write them and how to sell them. Then, at 1:30, I will be interviewed by Jummy Olabganji for WJLA. Come by!!
5. Nov 3rd. I will be at Union Market with the Kids Food Festival doing a hands on cooking demo for 50 kids at the James Beard Cooking Pavilion.. Come by!!
6. Nov 10th at a event for the DC Culinary Historians- CHoW- talking about Sacred Foods of India.
‘I first heard Monica’s talk about Sacred Foods of India at a Les Dames D’Escoffier event. I enjoyed it then and even more the second time at CHoW. Monica’s a master at putting together history, culture and insights laced with humorous stories and questions to ponder. I can’t wait to see what she tackles next!’
CHoW Recording Secretary
7. Dec 5th – Guest speaker at SAJA. All are welcome – Sign up here.
7. Feb 11th – Holding an event at the Smithsonian talking about demystifying spices.
8. Feb 22nd – Teaching a full day workshop at the Smithsonian about social media for entrepreneurs and small business owners.