If there is ONE book you will buy this year, just one, make it this one: The Longevity Kitchen: Satisfying, Big-Flavor Recipes Featuring the Top 16 Age-Busting Power Foods [120 Recipes for Vitality and Optimal Health] by Rebecca Katz. I am a big fan of Rebecca Katz’s work. Let me tell you why:
1. She is a trained nutritionist and has been working with people for years to get them to eat better but she uses science to motivate not to create fear. Her work is not intimidating but rather inspiring. This particular book, for instance, focuses on 16 anti-oxidants loaded ingredients and the science behind them. That is great if you love reading the details. But turn to the middle of the book and each one of those ingredients is featured in a recipe that you just feel like you have to try! (We loved the Greener than the Green Goddess Dressing with Avocado… amazing.
2. I love that Rebecca says that her main tool is flavor! She motivates people to cook with it and succeeds! Her books are runaway bestsellers and this is why.
3. The mineral broth showcased in this book is worth buying the book for. Yep. Just that one recipe. My boys tell me that the broth makes the kitchen smell magical. I serve it to them all the time and use it as a basis for soups, chili etc. It is loaded with all that is good for growing bodies and some bodies that are (ahem) just trying to maintain themselves (like me!)
We are partnering with Smith & Truslow and Rebecca Katz and are giving way a box of Smith’s amazing organic spices and a copy of Rebecca’s book.
The spice collection we are giving away includes: Cinnamon, Cumin, Turmeric, Thyme, Ginger and Coriander.
Pictures from the Smith & Truslow website:
GIVEAWAY: To enter:
1. Leave a comment here and tell us what is your favorite spice and how you like to use it!
2. LIKE Rebecca Katz’s FB page (If you do not have a Fb account, skip this step and step 3)
3. LIKE Monica Bhide’s FB page
4. Then share this giveaway with your friends and family on social media and, of course, in person! Pretty please?!
I will pick one random winner on June 3rd, 2013 at 5:00 p.m.