I am so delighted to giveaway a box of books for this final giveaway before summer! Included are —
1. I really enjoy reading Robyn Webb’s work: She is smart and funny and I ALWAYS learn something. Who knew that avocado should be paired with grassy wines? Or how to make the perfect asparagus or how to match the perfect spice with carrots? Robyn knows it all, knows it well and shares it with great generosity.
A nutritionist by background, she is also the author of several successful cookbooks, the latest being “The Diabetes Comfort Food Cookbook: Foods to fill you up not out” (American Diabetic Association, 2011). When I received a copy of the book, I was surprised to see how luscious the cover looked! I honestly did not expect a book, with a focus on diabetes, to have such luscious looking recipes.
I highly recommend this book:
- It has recipes that you can actually make and that are good for you. We have cooked Spanish dates with bacon(!!), the Jamaican chicken thighs and the baked potato soup and loved them all.
- Robyn’s approach is smart and practical.
2. My lovely friend, Mollie Cox Bryan’s pie book- Mrs. Rowe’s Little Book of Southern Pies . Mollie is a dear friend and a food and fiction writer. Her books have won so many awards! This was the first book I ever purchased on pies. Never in a million years did I think I could bake a pie.. and guess what? I did and it tasted damn good!!
About Mollie – “Mollie Cox Bryan is a food writer and cookbook author with a penchant for murder. Her stories have many forms: cookbooks, articles, essays, poetry and fiction. Mollie grew up near Pittsburgh, Pa., and attended Point Park University, where she received a B.A. in Journalism and Communications. Her first real job out of college was as a paste-up artist at a small newspaper, where she was allowed to write “on her own time” and she did. She was recently honored with an Agatha Award nomination for her first novel, SCRAPBOOK OF SECRETS.” Reprinted from her website
3. The third book is my beautiful friend, Kendra Bailey Morriss’s The Southern Slow Cooker – it is filled with delightful and flavor-filled recipes. I loved this blurb from Martha Foose about this book – “Kendra’s Buttermilk, Corn, and Chive Spoonbread is just one of the really good reasons to grab this book. These recipes are packed with real Southern flavor, and still take into account the realities of home cooks’ busy schedules. With plenty of cooking tips and drink pairings to boot, The Southern Slow Cooker will inform slow cooker newbies and inspire old pros who are looking for some new tricks.”
—Martha Foose, author of Screen Doors and Sweet Tea and A Southerly Course
About Kendra – “Is a cookbook author, personal chef, culinary instructor, cooking show host, speaker and culinary consultant. Her specialties include public speaking (food, cooking, wine/spirits, cookbooks and food writing), corporate recipe development, on-air cooking demonstrations, corporate and private cooking classes, and cooking demonstrations for trade shows, conferences and public events.
Her writing and recipes have been featured in Parade Magazine, USA Weekend,Parents magazine, Better Homes and Gardens cookbooks, NPR, CNN’s Eatocracy, Garden and Gun magazine, Saveur.com, Taste of the South magazine, The Learning Channel, Chili Pepper magazine, Food Republic, The Washington Post, Associated Press, AOL, Orbitz, WE Network, Virginia Living magazine,Richmond Magazine, Style Weekly, and the Richmond Times Dispatch (where I was a food and recipe columnist for four years).” From her website.
4. And finally – I will include a copy of my new book, A Life of Spice!
In order to enter, here is what you need to do – (no purchase necessary) –
1. Help us spread the word about this giveaway – any way you choose – tell friends!
2. Leave a comment here and tell us why YOU should win!
I will pick a winner on June 11th, 2015 at 6:00 p.m.
1. US residents only. NO P.O.Box please
2. One winner will be selected at random. If you win and do not respond (within a week of) when I contact you, I will choose a different winner.
3. I will ship you both books by media mail.
4. No purchase needed to enter.
PLEASE NOTE – I have purchased these books myself. No publisher or publicist or author has paid for these copies.