Cauliflower Sautéed With Turmeric and Rosemary
by Monica Bhide developed for AARP-The magazine and AARP.ORG
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 small head cauliflower, broken into florets
1 teaspoon turmeric
Leaves from 1 sprig rosemary
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup golden raisins
1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
1 teaspoon smoked Spanish paprika
1. Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the cauliflower, turmeric and rosemary and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower is brown and caramelized, about 8 minutes.
3. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Stir in the raisins and pine nuts and cook about 1 minute more, until everything is heated through.
5. Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with paprika.
Gorgeous photo of cauliflower taken by the terrific Sala Kannan