This dish is very versatile and adaptable. Instead of grapes you can add diced pears and avocados. This is one of my favorite summer recipes. Perfect side for grilled meats and vegetables.
2 cups low fat plain yogurt, whipped & chilled
1 tablespoon sugar
¼ teaspoon table salt
¾ cup coarsely chopped walnuts
¼ teaspoon cumin seeds, roasted and crushed
¼ teaspoon crushed dried red chilies or red pepper flakes
10 to 12 purple, green or red seedless grapes, thinly sliced
1. Combine the yogurt, sugar and salt. Mix well.
2. Add the walnuts and mix well. Pour into a serving dish.
3. Sprinkle cumin and red chilies over yogurt.
4. Place grape slices on top of the sauce in any pattern you desire.
5. Cover and chill 20 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 to 6 servings (serving size: ½ cup per person)